Many people do not understand just how important windows are in a home, but the truth is that they are important. They not only give you a look at the outside world, but they also play a major role in temperature regulation within the house. If the windows are well-insulated, it will be easier to keep the cool air in on a hot day or the warm air in on a cool day. In addition, windows bring a lot of light into your home, which not only gives great ambience but also saves you quite a bit of money on your electricity bill during the day.
This is why if you are replacing your windows, you want to make sure to get the best replacement windows that you can. You can hire the best replacement window installers to install the best quality replacement windows that are available. You can either choose from the replacement windows that are already available or custom made replacement windows if you want a certain pattern or appearance that you are not finding anywhere. Alternatively, if you just want to repair your existing windows, you can look into the average cost to repair a window in your area.
There’s nothing better than looking out your front windows on a bright, sunny day to take in the view, see the birds nesting in the trees and the squirrels scurrying through your yard. Or maybe you like gazing through the windows on a rainy day, watching the raindrops hit the windows and slowly trickle down.
For as many benefits as windows provide, there’s a good chance they might also be costing you a great deal of money. According to the Department of Energy, 45 percent of the average energy bill goes toward heating. What’s more, windows that are drafty and let air escape can increase your energy bills by 10 to 25 percent.
Regardless of whether you want to lower your energy costs, make home maintenance a little easier or reduce outside noise, there are plenty of options available for getting replacement windows. There are also plenty of benefits to replacement windows. If you’re thinking about visiting a local window company to inquire about replacement windows, consider the following benefits:
- Easy Maintenance: Getting replacement windows with advanced designs helps increase their sustainability. When windows are high quality and properly maintained, they can last 20 years or more, depending on the material. If you’re chatting up a local window company about what type of window might lower your maintenance costs, look for windows that are durable, easy to clean and are of a good material.
- Improved Safety: Many styles of replacement windows are available with glass options that can increase the security and safety of your home. For example, laminated glass has an interlayer made of polymer that helps hold glass together if it shatters. Tempered glass is designed to break into chunks rather than shards. Finding the right type of window for your needs from a window company will leave you feeling safer and better protected.
- Better Home Value: According to the National Association of Realtors, homeowners who replace their windows can get as much as 80 percent of their investment back. On average, replacing a window costs anywhere from $300-700 per window, so getting a large chunk of that money back in the long run is a definite plus for homeowners who are considering getting replacement windows.
- Adding Tint: Another option for replacement windows is getting tinted ones or using a window film. Tinted windows can lower energy costs (up to 40 percent saved on utility bills) and offer comfort as well as additional protection from UV rays.
In addition, windows with a security tint can benefit your home.
- What is security tint for? The tint in window film helps hold glass together in the event of an attempted break-in.
- What is security tint for? Security window tint makes it more difficult to see valuables inside a car if you tint a car’s windows.
- What is security tint for? Safety window tint and safety window film allows you a clear view to the outside if you’re in your house or a car, but prevents others from looking in.
- What is security tint for? Simply put, it’s another layer of protection you can use to keep yourself, your home, car and valuables safer.
- Lower Energy Costs: As previously mentioned, getting replacement windows can have a very positive effect on your pocketbook. Yes, replacement windows do cost money, but they’ll also save you money in the long run. Well-insulated windows can keep extreme outdoor elements such as cold, wind and heat from affecting your home’s heating and cooling system. Depending on the window company, different types and styles of windows are offered for different climate.
- UV Protection: Natural light coming in through a window can be great for reading a book, but too many ultraviolet rays can cause your home’s interior to fade. Many styles of window, such as double-pane can protect your home’s floors, walls and furnishings. Some brands and styles of window can block more than 90 percent of the sun’s UV rays.
- Looking good: Getting replacement windows installed in your home can keep you safer and reduce energy costs, but it can also make your home look good. New windows can make a home look more appealing on the outside, more appealing on the inside and can also increase your home’s value.