Pipeline pigging denotes a pipeline maintenance process that involves the cleaning of oil pipelines, and the checking of their working conditions. Devices known as pigs do the procedure. The pigging process can go on without the interference of the moving petroleum products within the pipeline. Pipeline pigs find their application in different industries, which include oil, lube oil, gas, and chemical plant industries, among others.
The oil industry is the largest consumer of pigging products, and its demand for these products will increase as the consumption of petroleum products increases. Global use of oil per day stood at 89 million barrels in 2012. This rate of consumption may increase to 109 million barrels per day in 2035. Here is a brief highlight of what a pigging valve does and its benefits.
What is a Pigging Valve?
Pig valves are oil pipeline fixtures that retrieve and introduce pipeline maintenance and cleaning devices. The Argus pig valve is one of the top-notch pigging valves that work in the oil and gas pipeline industries across the globe. The valve is a perfect alternative to conventional pigging equipment, and it provides a safe and friendly operation mode for pig launches and reception.
How Do Argus Pigging Valves Work?
The Argus pig valve is a positive shut-off bleed and double-block valve with mounted ball valves (trunnion) that allow extended quarter-turn valve action and seat life. The full bore valve enables the launching of spheres and Polly-pigs. It can also allow the launching of custom solid-cast Turbo flow pigs. The Argus pig valve brand is available in sizes of 2″ to 12″ in ANSI 150 to 1500 with different launch options.
The concept that the Argus pig valve operates on allows the operator to do positive shut-off downstream and upstream. The shut-off is possible while still venting and draining the pig valve’s cavity. After venting the pressure, the operator removes the cap of the valve, and if it is in launch mode, the operator inserts the ideal cleaning device. After closing all draining and vent valves, the operator opens the valve into a flowing position. After that, the media volume and pressure move the pig out of the insertion valve and into the flow line where it performs its cleaning and debris removal work.
What factors make Argus Pig Valves Ideal for pipeline maintenance and cleaning?
- The Argus pig valve’s flexible design allows it to accommodate many varying styles and makers of pigs.
- Argus pig valves are of top-notch quality, and they guarantee the safety of their operators. The pig valves are of forged steel 3-part structure design. These valves production is under the API6D license 0225, and they meet various standardized specifications that govern the manufacture and testing of pig valves. Adhering to these standards is part of the quality assurance process that Argus follows to ensure it makes high-quality Argus pig valves.
- The Argus pig valve’s engineering gives it excellent safety for its operators. The Argus pig valve has various safety features that improve its operational safety. Some of these features include pressure warning grooves, pressure alert valves, entry cap wrench, lifting lugs, and the pressure-equalization valve safety pin.
- Unlike the conventional fabricated barrel-style receivers and launchers, the Argus pig valve requires limited footprint accommodation. It thus occupies little space. It is also simple to operate because it does not have many high-pressure valve units than the barrel style launcher, which has many valves.
- The reduced number of high-pressure valves also makes it simple to maintain the Argus pig valve.
- The pig valve’s design allows it to operate within a wide temperature range (-46º C to +121º C), and this implies that it is usable in environments with varying temperature ranges. It even suits low-temperature liquid and gas applications.
Are you a pipeline operator? Seek the superior quality Argus pig valves for all your pipeline maintenance and cleaning purpose to improve delivery and efficiency along your pipeline.