During one of the wettest first weeks of September on record, it might seem like fire protection services may not be in high demand. The reality is, however, that fire is always a threat. A threat to life, to home, and to family. Knowing that you have the right fire protection services in place can help you make sure that you are doing everything you can to keep you and your family safe.
Fire alarm inspections and fire alarm services provide a way for both families and businesses to make certain that they are safe from the damage that can be caused by fire. And while you cannot prevent every kind of fire, you can make sure that you have precautions in place so that if a fire does occur you have advance warning.
Fire Alarme Services Save Lives and Property
With the installation of the latest kind of fire alarm services you can make sure that you are able to know if a fire is starting, as well as rest assured that the local authorities are informed as well. Consider these facts and figures about the fire prevention industry and the latest statistics about the kinds of fires that do the most damage to both homes and businesses:
- 55% of medical facility fires are caused by confined cooking fires.
- Electrical malfunction, on the other hand, is the leading cause of non-confined fires in hospitals. They account for 19%.
- In the year 2010, U.S. fire departments responded to 1,200 fires in hospitals, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Only 35% of of 119 businesses surveyed indicated that they had any kind of fire evacuation plan.
- Motel and hotel fires result in $76 million in property loss every year.
- Although they also have lower than average rates of injury per 1,000 fires, warehouse fires are associated with higher average property losses per fire than most other occupancies.
If you are a property owner then you know the fear of fire and the destruction that it can cause. By working with professional fire protection services, however, you can have systems in place that will protect your lives and your property.